Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NTI TRX150C

Options

Hello, i am new to this forum. This is the firat time i have ever used a forum to seek help. Usually i can figure out any problems through friends or youtube. This is a new one for me.

Customer has called several times saying she has no hot water. I went there Friday and everything was working fine. Hard to fix something that is not broken. I asked her to take a picture of the screen next time this happened. Saturday she had no hot water the screen display says PURGE. I have installed several NTI Boilers in the past. I have never seen this model. When NTI discontinued the TX models I stop using them. The Person that installed the boiler has been too busy and asked me to look into the issue. Friday was the firat time i knew anything about this problem. The previous plumber said that he cleaned the unit recently, he said that the boiler loses pressure. Display will say PURGE & FILL. the boiler is barley a year old. Homeowner has had issues with her heat in the past, most of the calls have been related to no hot water. I should have asked her to turn her heat on next time this happened and see if that was working or not. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,705
    Options

system has a leak that needs fixing,

and or is piped wrong,

post a wide picture of the boiler, circ, and tank, all in one shot, and from a couple angles,

what are the emitters?

known to beat dead horses
    Tom_133
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,705
    Options

is the system well or city water?

known to beat dead horses
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 888
    Options

I would suggest you have an issue with the Low water cutoff, when she walks down to look at it she sees the screen after the boiler has woke back up and its in the purge mode. Thats a guess based on what I have seen.

Tom
    Montpelier Vt