Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil-Mclain and Burnham Sheet Metal for Cast Iron Baseboard

Options
ScoutRider
ScoutRider Member Posts: 23

Is there a market for this? I have several lengths of dummy runs for W-M Snug 9, outside corners, end covers etc. Also end covers and corners for Burnham Baseray 7, a couple pieces for 9.

A couple years back, I spent a LOT of time renovating enough of the W-M and Burnham for my 2700 sq ft home in VT. Stripping, priming and painting, joining sections with new nipples and installing everything beautifully- I was very happy with the results. Powered by a brand new Bosch combi boiler I ran the system for 2 months prior to spending some time down south. I had my Nest thermostats app on my phone so I could check on the system while away. One -22F morning, i woke up to find my thermostats offline. All my refurbished cast iron didn't survive….. Turned out the new propane installation (by a national propane company) installed an undersized fuel line for the Btu load, so at -22, that was it.

Anyway, I couldn't embrace going through the cast iron again, and now have fin tube. The sheet metal I have was surplus to the original job and I'd like to sell it on if anyone has any interest.

Thanks!