Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar 087 wireless OTS reading incorrectly

Options
jason28201
jason28201 Member Posts: 2
edited April 5 in Thermostats and Controls
Hello all,
I have a Tekmar 087 wireless outdoor sensor hooked up to a Vitodens 100-W B1HE boiler and I am getting the an incorrect temp. at the boiler. I have the sensor resistance set to 5k which is what the manual shows for Viessman but is is off by +/-30 degrees. Any one have any experience with this set up? Any suggestions?

The outdoor sensor is located on a north facing wall and is not near any external heat sources that would skew the reading.

I have emailed Tekmar / Watts support but have not received a response.

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Comments

• GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,063
    edited April 5
    Options
    main suggestion since that is a new boiler that is under warranty. get the viessmann sensor and use that, it came with the boiler after all

alternatively you could set that tekmar to a 10k sensor since that boiler you have uses a 10k sensor. Not sure where in the boiler manual you read otherwise
  • jason28201
    jason28201 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks, the viessmann sensor would require cutting a lot of holes in drywall to get the wire to the north side of the house; as the previous boiler did not have a OTS. This is something I was trying to prevent.

In re-reading the Tekmar 087 manual it has 2 settings for Vitodens 100-w 5k and 10K. I will try the 10k setting.
    GGross