Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New low pressure gauge reading zero

2»

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,151
    The weight of the water in the pigtail has no effect on the gauge reading if the gauge is above the boiler tapping
    It certainly did on mine.
    So much I stopped using one on the actual gauge I use.  In fact if it kept skewing a 3 psi gauge I imagine it would destroy a 2" magnehelic.

Or at least make it totally useless.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • reggi
    reggi Member Posts: 523
    edited March 1

ChrisJ said:
    The weight of the water in the pigtail has no effect on the gauge reading if the gauge is above the boiler tapping
    So much I stopped using one on the actual gauge I use.  In fact if it kept skewing a 3 psi gauge I imagine it would destroy a 2" magnehelic.

Lol 😅 .. you're the first person I thought of when I read this post... It's like you have RADAR when this comes up, 😉
    One way to get familiar something you know nothing about is to ask a really smart person a really stupid question
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,151
    reggi said:
    ChrisJ said:

ChrisJ said:

Lol 😅 .. you're the first person I thought of when I read this post... It's like you have RADAR when this comes up, 😉
    It's not my fault
       :D
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    reggi
  • Panheadsforever
    Panheadsforever Member Posts: 21
    The less pressure you need to heat a steam system the better it proves all vents/traps are workin ignore pressure do all radiators get hot? Job done
  • Panheadsforever
    Panheadsforever Member Posts: 21
    Pressure does not get steam there to end of line relieving air does