Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System 2000 Hot Water Storage Tank

Options
mgreenberg
mgreenberg Member Posts: 1
My system 2000 storage tank just burst and I wanted to know if I could replace with another storage tank or if it has to be the same from Energy Kinetics. Also any recommendations on individuals who can help install is greatly appreciated. I am located in Mahopac, NY. 

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,872
    edited February 6
    Options
    Any storage tank will do the same job as the EK tank.
    how old is the tank? There may be some warranty left, then the EK replacement tank may not be so expensive.

Did you try the "Find a contractor" Link above?

Also check the Energy Kinetics website for an EK dealer near you.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

HVACNUT
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    The EK tank has a different length dip tube in it. You would need to change the dip tube in the tank you buy to make it the correct length. I can't remember the sizing, but I'm sure Roger will chime in soon enough with the answer, or maybe go on their site.
    Rick
    HVACNUT
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Did you get 20+ years on it ? Buy the replacement for fit . Replace the plate heat exchanger while your in it....

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• szwedj
    szwedj Member Posts: 66
    edited February 6
    Options
    @mgreenberg Definitely give EK a call at 908-735-2066 with the tanks serial number on your tank to see if it is still under warranty first. You can either replace it with another storage tank from EK or an electric water heater can be used as mentioned by @rick in Alaska but you must replace or modify the dip tube in the tank. We have both the instructions to modify the dip tube that comes in an electric tank and replacement dip tubes ready to go available. The instruction's also give a give a preferred height dimension from the bottom of the tank for the aquastat for best operation.
    Joe Szwed
    Energy Kinetics
    jringelHVACNUT