Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Energy kinetics boiler type for me?

Options
looking to replace my boiler. I was recommended to go with energy kinetics. Anyone know which I should use for a1500sqf home with wanting on demand hot water. Also what is the cost for the boiler alone without labor. Thanks for any reply’s. 

Comments

• Hot_water_fan
    Hot_water_fan Member Posts: 1,865
    edited January 29
    Options
    How much oil did you use last year? And why do you want on demand hot water vs. a tank?
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,170
    Options
    The Energy Kinetics Ascent is the model used to replace a boiler with a tankless coil.  But if you have room for a storage tank then you can get a EK-1F Frontier. We don't discuss pricing on this forum.  It can vary by region. Your installing contractor should be able to provide you with quotes.
    STEVEusaPA
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,873
    edited January 29
    Options
    i beleive that you can only purchase a EK boiler from an authorized dealer. You can not purchase a boiler from EK directly or from a supply house or distributer.

Also no dealer will sell you a boiler without including all the necssary additional accessories that are not included with the boiler like the piping and fittings, air removal systems, gas or oil piping to the burner and a multitude of other parts.

So I don't think you will find a boiler only price unless you go on ebay or craigs list and get one from someone that is getting rid of one. The only EK boiler I ever installed myself was a second hand boiler that was in a home of a dealer. he was swapping from oil to gas and asked me if I wanted his Roth oil tank, EK boiler and all the zone valves, water tank and BPHX heat exchanger. I sold it to my bookkeeper to replace her Dynatherm that was on its last legs.

As efficient as the Dynatherm boilers are, the EK cut another 21% off the fuel oil usage. I was so impressed with the EK that I was going to get in touch with @Roger to become a dealer, but my disability was diagnosed and I decided to sell my business in stead.

So I don't think you will find a NEW "boiler only" price anywhere

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• JayMcCay
    JayMcCay Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Joe

Please reach out to me at your convenience, happy to answer any questions you have.
    Jay McCay
    National Sales Manager
    Energy Kinetics
    908 328-7154 cell
    paulny