Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uneven heat

jojo123
jojo123 Member Posts: 1
Hi! Looking for some advice. Have a one pipe steam system. 3 radiators downstairs and two upstairs. One upstairs bedroom is always so cold and the other bedroom is always so hot. If I set the thermostat to 72, downstairs is fine but one bedroom will be 66 and the other 76. I have a gorton D on the cold room and a varivent completely closed in the hot room. I was told the rad in the cold room is working fine, valve was recently replaced, and it will eventually get really hot but the issue is by the time it does, the other bedroom is way too hot. Any suggestions how to even this out or make the warmer bedroom not as hot? Downstairs I have a 4 on room with thermostat and 5 on others. Thank you!

Comments

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,756
    Balancing starts in the basement with the main venting, so a few questions.

Do you have main vents?
    If so how many and which ones?
    How long are the mains in the basement?
    What pipe size are the mains? If you don't know pipe sizing just post the diameter of the pipe and we will know.

After main venting is proper, radiator vents can be discussed. Give that you mention having a D vent on a radiator, I'd speculate a lack of main venting, either none, or not enough.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15