Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Apollo Steam Modulator

Options
delcrossv
delcrossv Member Posts: 742
Found this on the Tunstall site, it's some kind of trap, I guess. But that does it do?
The description is beyond vague.

https://tunstall-inc.com/steam-traps/steam-modulator/
Trying to squeeze the best out of a Weil-McLain JB-5 running a 1912 1 pipe system.

Comments

• delcrossv
    Options
    Nobody's used one of these? Now I'm really curious!
    Trying to squeeze the best out of a Weil-McLain JB-5 running a 1912 1 pipe system.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,568
    Options
    Looks like a steam trap.
  • Scott.Malo
    Scott.Malo Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi folks! Scott Malo here from Tunstall. Our Apollo steam trap was originally born out of needing a repairable steam trap for the dry cleaning industry where a lot of higher pressure inverted buckets are used. It can be installed horizontally or vertically and as you can see in the attached PDF, can be repaired by changing the high pressure / high capacity bellows without needing to completely change the entire trap. They have also found their way into hospitals and facilities that have higher pressure lines without a lot of available footprint. If anyone needs more info, please feel free to email me at smalo@tunstall-inc.com. Thanks Wall!
  • delcrossv
    Options
    Cool! Thanks for posting that Scott.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,313
    Options
    Thanks @Scott.Malo!

President
    HeatingHelp.com

• ariccio
    ariccio Member Posts: 52
    edited February 8
    Options
    @Scott.Malo I have stumbled on the page and found it vague too. Is it of any use for residential low pressure vacuum steam heat systems? What's this "Optional Modulating Orifice Technology"?