Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar knight floor mounted condensate drain piping issue

Options
Watson524
Watson524 Member Posts: 2
Hi all, had a new lochinvar knight floor mounted boiler recently installed to move us from oil to propane. 

Condensate pump was put in bottom of cabinet with a black short 3/4" od x 15/16" ID hose going to it. Then from the pump it went thru a hole in the side of the cabinet and out to a neutralizer kit cylinder and out to the septic system. Didn't make sense to me to have the untreated condensate go into the pump and then have the pump push thru the neutralizing media (no retention time, hard on pump).

Bought a pump and neutralizer all in one but it won't fit in bottom of cabinet (19" VS 16") so I need to put it outside next to boiler. Problem is tho I was able to find clear tubing I could shave down the outside of to fit in the bottom of the trap, the hole in the cabinet from the factory is slightly higher than the bottom threads on the factory trap so water backs up and drips out the top overflow nub. 

I was thinking of maybe hard piping it in the side and maybe tho the side hole is higher it wouldn't be too much and I could just cut the rubber hose very short to dump into the pipe. I don't want to cut a hole in the side of the boiler. What am I missing here? I wouldn't think this would be so hard but have no idea why from the factory the side hole is this high. I've verified the trap is on as far as it can go as there's nubs in the factory trap that prevent it from sliding on the stainless steel discharge pipe any further.

Any help would be appreciated. Pictures included as well.

Comments