Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

OFF Blower issue

Options
Rippers
Rippers Member Posts: 6
York OFF with ST9103A1002 control board. Blower will not turn off, otherwise OFF functions OK. Control board replaced, blower and heat exchanger interlock switches shorted, thermostat removed from circuit, blower still runs. Anyone have any thoughts other than call a tech?

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,678
    Options
    Is the relay for the blower on the control board or located elsewhere? My bet is on elsewhere and its contacts have welded together.
  • Rippers
    Options
    Blower relay on the control board.
  • Rippers
    Options
    Blower operation had been intermittent for a few days and could be reset by powering off the OFF.
  • mattmia2
    Options
    Open limit switch?
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,550
    Options
    You probably need a control board.

Be happy you have heat and a running blower. If that is all that is wrong with the board you could add a separate relay to run the fan.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    The rubber handle of a screwdriver for a "thumping tool" may unstick it.
    Probably still need a control board.
  • mattmia2
    Options
    According to the instructions for the control, if the limit opens it runs the blower.
  • Rippers
    Options
    I have shorted both limit switches , problem continues. It is a new board, guess it could be bad.....
  • pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 977
    Options
    did you check the fan only setting on your thermostat?
  • Rippers
    Options
    Thermostat disconnected from circuit, problem continues.
  • Rippers
    Options
    after examining the original control board I noticed 2 capacitors were burned. Replaced caps, reinstalled original control board, fan problem disappeared for 2 days. Now when the AC power is turned off and back on , the blower will stay off and turn on when heat is called for but will not turn off.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited February 4
    Options
    Rippers said:

after examining the original control board I noticed 2 capacitors were burned. Replaced caps, reinstalled original control board, fan problem disappeared for 2 days. Now when the AC power is turned off and back on , the blower will stay off and turn on when heat is called for but will not turn off.

If your 100% positive you replaced all the wires correctly...replace the board.

There was an error rendering this rich post.