Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Fuel pump seizing

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 659
This discussion was created from comments split from: Oil pumps won't stop seizing / previous biodiesel use.

Comments

• mp23
    mp23 Member Posts: 1
    Hi nick1304 or opt101, did either of you ever solve your fuel pump seizing issues? I'm having the same problem. I've had the fuel pump and motor replaced 3 times, new fuel lines, a tiger loop, and a new tank installed within a 6 week time period and still the pump seizes up. I've had 3 different companies come to troubleshoot/repair but none seem to have a solid idea of what's going on. I only replaced the oil tank to rule out an oil issue. I don't think that's what's going on, but if anyone has any further thoughts, please let me know.

All the lines and connectors were put together with pipe dope to rule out the Teflon tape debate going on in some of the threads here (although pipe dope can cause clogs too if its sloppily applied and gets in that tube opening. I'm starting to wonder if that's it). I have a one pipe steam system. Boiler was installed 5 years ago but it looks like they gave me a used one (Weil McClain, says it was made in 2006). I've also been noticing that it's short cycling, even though I've been draining it and adding fresh water. Could the pump be seizing due to vacuums created in the steam line?
  • WMno57
    WMno57 Member Posts: 1,408
    Hi @mp23 , welcome to HeatingHelp. There are techs here who can answer your questions.
    @Erin Holohan Haskell could you start a new discussion for mp23 please?
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,989
    @mp23
    Can you post some pictures of the oil tank oil lines burner and boiler and we will try and help you out.

The oil pump issue seizing has nothing to do with steam lines or vacuum.

Why are you draining and adding water? That has nothing to do with the oil pump but can shorten the boiler life.

One question. Did they pump oil out of your old tank into the new tank?
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,347
    @mp23, welcome to Heating Help! I've created a new discussion for you so that your post doesn't get lost in an older thread.

President
    HeatingHelp.com