Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uponor heating not working

Calum94
Calum94 Member Posts: 4
edited December 2023 in Radiant Heating
Uponor is cold across all zones.

Fully reset the system and synced the thermostats and all zones are asking for heating. 
The inlet pipes from the boiler are warm and the upstairs radiators are working. 

The manifold past the pipework however is cold, though the flow rates to each zone under power are functioning correctly so don’t think it’s the actuators (concurrent failures of all zones seems incredibly unlikely)

Out of ideas and everyone is closed for the festive period!

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,902
    The temperature gauges by the Wilo pump, what do they read. Looks like you have flow in every loop, so you need to confirm the boiler is firing.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Calum94
    It’s reading 15c on the gauge, realised the heating is now not reaching the manifold so must have only been warm initially due to the  boiler running the radiators upstairs?

Moved some plastic from under the pump and think I might have a small leak from what I can only guess is the return line? (Under the foam pictured)

though the hot water should still be running still?

so it appears the system is not asking for heat from the boiler like previously thought so out of ideas!
  • Calum94
    Small update, appears that end of what I’m guessing is the blending unit (wire from thermostatic head goes into) was loose and damp. Not sure why that would take the heating out given it’s just not asking the boiler for heat
  • Calum94
    Might have cracked it!!!

actuator might have failed closed in auto wrenched it over to manual with some resistance and the systems come back, manifold and plastic pipes now warming up

Any issues running in manual?    
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,902
    Do you have a wiring schematic?

Typically thermostats open the blue actuators, & maybe that silver valve. Then those actuators call the boiler and pump on.

If the silver valve turned on the pump and boiler when you manually opned it, check for power to that control.

But you need to know the control logic that someone wired.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,168
    Those actuators often have an end switch that once it is open will call the boiler on, if that is what is calling for heat then leaving it in manual will make it so that the boiler is always on. I would use this opportunity to maybe clean up that control scheme a bit though, looks like you have a zone valve, a TRV, and loop actuators all controlling the same thing which could be done with only the loop actuators.