Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Grant Vortex Eco stuck on

Options
MarkSpark
MarkSpark Member Posts: 3
I am an Electrician and I have just been called to a Grant Vortex Eco that will not turn off.

All the external controls are correct. The 2 control wires from the wiring centre to the boiler switch the 230v on and off when you request HW or CH. However, with both of them off the boiler still runs. I believe it is the CH that is stuck on because the radiators get hot. It is safe enough because it does turn off with the boiler thermostat when the rads are up to temperature.

My guess is a stuck control relay, I told her to call a heating engineer but no one will go out until the new year. Anyone any advice on the internal electrics of these particular boilers? Thanks.

Comments

• MarkSpark
    Options
    The boiler is an internal wall hung unit and a non system type.
  • MarkSpark
    Options
    OK this sparks has been on a learning curve today. For anyone that comes across this post the following will be useful.

The wiring centre only runs the zone valves. The zone valves then run the boiler. Coming back from the zone valves is a Orange coloured wire that acts as the switched live when the valve is turned on. On mine the CH zone valve had failed and was stuck on, I manually move the lever to off and the boiler went off. HW now works fine and the CH valve head gets changed tomorrow. So, check the Orange wires, if you have 230v then one of the valves is firing the boiler.