Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens 100W no fault codes - no water

Options
I saw a post very similar to this stating their vitodens wasn’t giving hot water although there was a demand from the thermostat. It was suggested there was still air in the system and that could be my problem also but when trying to purge using the boiler it doesn’t seem to help… 

I attached a photo during install but will try to get a better one. Since the photo we installed a taco switching relay which is connected to the pump, a main power source, to the thermostat and then to the thermostat connection on the boiler. 

I have a Viessmann Vitodens100 B1KE-120 combi boiler. Brand new diy install. It’s supposed to feed hot water to our in floor heat and DHW. We recently installed and it’s been nothing but problems and still no heat or hot water. A few times we’ve gotten the system to heat up and start pushing the water through the floor but after about 10 minutes it just stops although the house is obviously still cold and there’s still a demand but it doesn’t throw any fault codes. The boiler maintains hot water but the pump won’t pull it through the system. Also no domestic water (hot or cold) at all. We’ve tried switching thermostats, filling and purging the system, resetting etc and nothing works. No one certified or available in my area to come take a look and we’re in Northern Michigan so need it going asap. 

Comments

• dko
    dko Member Posts: 606
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Current photos will help, don't forget photos of the venting. Error codes?

There's a lot of critique to be said about that piping layout but then read it was DIY.
    One of the important factors in selecting a such a unit to install should have been local support availability.

No one available on the viessmann contractor list?
    https://www.viessmann-us.com/en/contractor-locator.html

Also can try contacting the local rep and asking if they have someone they can recommend. Some have in-house.

Where did you purchase the unit?
  • shaniajewell
    shaniajewell Member Posts: 3
    Options
    No error codes. No messages. Nothing.

There is one contractor in the area who is booked out over a month and not interested in working on the unit since they didn’t install it. The unit was purchased online - can’t remember exactly where now.

What is wrong with the piping?? Looking for any suggestions or recommendations. We took into consideration what we needed and then copied Viessmanns suggested layout. The venting is a direct vent straight out the roof. 
  • shaniajewell
    shaniajewell Member Posts: 3
    Options

• GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,054
    Options
    With that boiler if it won't heat, or make hot water, it is a 90% chance you are not flowing water most likely due to air lock. Your fill valve location is poor and should be left valved off to not cause additional issues while running.

One way you can test the system to see if it is not flowing is to go into the service menu, and manually run the boiler, if the boiler will not fire in test mode then it is not flowing water. There may also appear a S.154 status code in the faults/messages screen.