Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Monoflo radiator not heating up

strcmp
strcmp Member Posts: 1
I believe this is a monoflo system. It's a 1 1/4" main pipe running around the basement with branches going to the radiators on the upper floors and between the branch loops the main pipe is connected. The 1st radiator in the monoflo system has a pretty long baseboard radiator (about 12 ft? ) and it has always had problems heating up every winter. All of the other baseboard radiators are smaller 3-6 ft and have no problems heating up. Some other background info if it helps. All radiators have 1/2" pipe running upwards and then it changes to 3/4" for the baseboard. Almost all of the radiators have the bleeding valve on the right side of the baseboard.

Is there any ideal way to bleed a monoflo radiator? Or any other ideas how to fix this problem permanently for the 1st radiator? Can a individual monoflo tee get clogged or go bad?

I tried replacing the radiator valve with a caleffi hygroscopic air vent to no avail. I also tried opening the radiator valve manually and there's no air, just water coming out.

Is it better to just replace the whole monoflow loop with a conventional baseboard loop? A conventional loop just seems to make more sense to me and would have less problems I believe. Thanks !

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,989
    Nothing wrong with monoflow. Why would u want to repipe the whole house to fix one radiator?

post some pictures of the baseboard and pictures of the tees in the basement 
  • Robert_25
    Robert_25 Member Posts: 545
    How far apart are the tees feeding the problem radiator?