Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Happy Thanksgiving, back atcha!

Getting all nostalgic thinking of past Thanksgivings at Rosie's...in attendance were my parents and sister, Lucy and Ray, Aunt Mary, Joe and Bob and of course Grandma...Mary made the best turkey soup with ditalini and that was the highlight for me! My father would have picked up a pumpkin pie, courtesy of his friend the baker from The Charleston Gardens in B.Altmans. That pie would have wound up traveling from 34th St, to Old Bridge, NJ and back to NYC! Such wonderful memories. I miss everything about those Thanksgivings.
Mad Dog_2

Comments

• Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,347
    Happy Thanksgiving @cousinjeannie! Thanks for sharing these fond family memories with us.

President
    HeatingHelp.com

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,891
    Happy Thanksgiving All...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
    That sounds like Italian Wedding Soup with Turkey.  Any Lasagne as a course?   Every Italian I know has Lasagne or a pasta course.  Going on atleast the 3rd Generation in our house Grandma Ethel, My Mom, Colleen, and now My Long-suffering Wife, Barbara, we always we start out with a first course of .......
    A cold relish tray: Beets, Corn relish, Cottage Cheese, Sweet Baby Gherkins, Sour Cornichons, Homemade Deviled eggs 🥚 with bacon 🥓 (Auntie Kiki (Carol)). Jumbo chilled Shrimp 🍤. 

About 90 minutes later.....Organic turkey, Cheddar-Bacon 🥓 Pie 🥧, Sour cream mashed potatoes, String-bean casserole with almonds, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon 🥓 *All Bacon 🥓 is Wild Boar 🐗 bacon that I took last year. Creamed Mini Pearl Onions, Homemade Mac-n-cheese & Collard Greens (Our Southern African American staple tribute), Mushroom stuffed with Crabmeat.

Dessert 🍨..Homemade Bourbon Chocolate 🍫 Pecan Pie 🥧 & Backyard Grown Pumpkin pie 🥧 ...all followed by a 2 Hour nap 😴...Happy Thanksgiving all..Mad Dog 🐕 
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
    Me and the best mother-in-law that ever lived, Oma Stockbauer-Spiess 79 (Bavarian born and Bred and Proud American 👏!  Mad Dog 🐕 
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,577
    Thanks for the memories, Jeannie. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Retired and loving it.