Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Plumbing license

Hi Everyone I've been thinking about getting a plumbing license from long Island but I'm not sure what is the next move do I need a plumber with a license to sign of a letter for me?

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,554
    If only it were that easy! You need the three towns in Nassau plus the two cities and multiple villages, there is no Nassau county Lic. There is a Suffolk County Lic but it's no good in Babylon, Huntington, Islip and Southhampton plus many villages with their own as well.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
    Pick a township  where the business will be located. That municipality's Plumbing Board will examine you and test you via written and practical portions.  If you pass, you will be granted a Certificate of Competency.
    All future licenses you attain will be based on that original license.  There is some reciprocity in Nassau & Suffolk but its very quirky and confusing. Any license I have ever applied for requires signatures and proof of your time with them.  You you have further questions, DM me  Tanks Mad Dog 🐕