Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien CH-180 ASM

Options
We just moved into our house and we have an outbuilding that uses a Navien Ch-180 ASM LP tankless water heater for the heat. My heating guy has found a gas solenoid to be the issue. Heat runs for about 20 minutes and then shuts off with low gas pressure code. We searched the internet for the solenoid and he called Navien directly who said you had to buy the whole burner unit as the solenoid is not available separately. Wondering if anyone has a CH-180 lying around that they replaced that I could buy for parts. The burner with shipping is not all that much less than putting a whole new unit in. The part number for the solenoid is PH0905028A. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,435
    Options
    facebook marketplace
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,795
    Options
    My thought before dropping the dime . Did you check the gas pressure ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hyperman
    hyperman Member Posts: 3
    Options
    yes we checked it.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,201
    Options
    Checked the gas pressure with it off, then while it runs and is ramped up to the highest output.

What is the pressure reading at full fire?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    GGross
  • hyperman
    hyperman Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I was not available at the time this was done. However the HVAC guy also had the propane company here to monitor the pressure at the tank outside as well. Are you thinking it could be something other than the solenoid?