Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Power vent recently went bad on old oil burner need some advice

Options
I currently have an older ducane oil burner that heats our home. I went to fire it up this year and it failed to ignite. After digging into it a bit I found out that the power vent was no good. The wheel inside of it has practically disintegrated. The one installed was a Tjurnland HS1. 

I’m now looking at options to replace it. I could replace it with the same exact one but I also saw they have power vents that get mounted on the outside of the house VS on the inside of my basement. Is there any plus to going with one of those type of units? Are the exterior mounted power vents compatible with my oil burner? 

Also after doing some reading I learned that my furnace does not have a draft control installed. Are these necessary to always have one put in or is there a reason there isn’t one on mine? 

I’ve attached some pictures to hopefully help get a better idea of my situation. The outdoor unit I can get a really good deal on so was just seeing if it’s possible to use one on this type of burner. I appreciate any advice or help I get. I’ve looked through the forums but can’t find much info regarding this topic.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited November 2023
    Options
    You should attach the pictures to your post so they are here for all to see.
    I never liked or would install the one you have pictured. Nothing more fun than standing in 12° weather, on snow, trying to take that rusted POS apart.
    Your service provider can supply and install the proper Field Controls power venter where almost everything is inside.
    You also need a barometric control.
    Proper install, set up and commissioning with instruments are vitally important for safe operation/

There was an error rendering this rich post.

bburd