Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless WBV-03-110 Tankless Coil Replacement

Options
NHkev
NHkev Member Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Domestic Hot Water
Good afternoon everyone! Long time lurker / learner. My boiler was installed in 2004, I bought this house last year and the hot water was always lacking in pressure and the tankless coil was starting to leak (tightening it to slow the leak worked) The current tankless coil installed in 2015 is a Thermaflow PF-5 ( 5 GPM unit ) but the original manual to this boiler calls out part #90532 which correlates to a 3 GPM unit - can anyone school me as to why they would upgrade to the 5 GPM and what advantages it would have? Looking at replacements the 5 GPM unit looks to be way cheaper then the 3 GPM factory unit why such a price difference

thanks for taking the time to read this !

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,573
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @NHkev

Please edit and take out pricing that is a no-no on this forum.

I don' know why the price difference. If a 5 gpm fits use it you will get more heat transfer. The only issue you could have is if you overdraw the hot water (not enough boiler for that coil) this can be solved by installing a flow restrictor but try it without it first.

Maybe the 5 gpm are more popular and they sell more of them.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • NHkev
    NHkev Member Posts: 2
    Options
    edited to fix, thanks for the reply!
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,795
    Options
    The 5 gallon is a tighter packed coil . Sometimes too tight , stretch it out a little before installing ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.