Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant floor heat design

Options
briancliffridin
briancliffridin Member Posts: 1
edited November 2023 in Radiant Heating
Hey everyone. I am looking for someone that specializes in designing radiant floor heat. It will be in the ceiling of my unfinished basement to heat the floor of the main living space above. Thanks.

Comments

• Teemok
    Teemok Member, Email Confirmation Posts: 496
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I recommend finding a local pro or doing enough research that you know what you're after and can ask specific questions about that. There are quite a few ways to do it and hundreds or more ways to do it medium minus to bad. Design takes many factors into consideration, budget being a primary. Designing is a big responsibility and effort. It could be simple or a monstrosity. The best case is the experienced competent designer is also the installer. If it comes cheap and without the designer seeing or fully understanding the structure, you will likely get what you paid for.
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Where are you and the project located ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Bob1958
    Bob1958 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    When I built my home 7 years back, I got 3 estimates for the complete installation of radiant heat, which includes the main floor, cellar floor (under the cement) and the tankless boiler. They came in at $17,000, $25,000 and $31,000. I did my research on the materials and decided that the lowest estimate would work so I went with that. What I'm getting at is for you to get as many estimates as you can and get references. With limited installers, at least in my area, some were obviously bidding obscenely high.