Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IBC SFC - 125 EZ Manifold 1 1/4" - 1" ??

Options
OG_Simon
OG_Simon Member Posts: 12
I'm ready to buy the IBC SFC 125.

3 zones, 0ne circulator and 3 zone control valves.

12 Runtal panels for a total of 72,000 BTU. 3 manifolds all home run, TRV's.

Circulator - Alpha 15-58

My question is should I stick with the 1 1/4" EZ PIPE Manifold for the legs of my secondary loop or reduce it to 1"? For some reason the 1 1/4" seems big for the application.

Any advice on this?
Thanks

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,915
    edited November 2023
    Options
    when there is a 20°F ∆T you can get 80,000 BTUh from a 1" pipe no problem. That is using 8 GPM flow rate. if you ∆T is less, then the pipe size may need to be larger. Some radiant designs use a ∆T as low as 10°F. That may require more than 8 GPM so maybe 1-1/4" is a good idea.

Do you know your radiant system design parameters? GPM per loop, or ∆T across the floor panels (loops)

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,201
    Options
    You will want some magnetic protection with an ECM.
    A 4 or 5 in one device simplifies P/S piping. 4 connections, everything you need is inside the tube
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • OG_Simon
    OG_Simon Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Rod, I would have to rethink my piping using the Hydrocal. Initial review suggests that I would no longer require the EZ manifold set up. I'll have a think about that.

Ed, I'll have to check my notes on the GPM per loop. I remember that all together they were around 9 GPM and delta T was approximately 15-20. 80MBH demand would be one holluva cold day here in Vancouver for my house size.