Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Large, Successful NYC Union plumbing Shop needs quality help

Options
Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,049
Olympic P & H Inc. Syosset, NY.
Plumber's Local # 1 NYC (5 Boros)
Vincent Gamba President & NYC Licensed Master Plumber is looking for quality, serious, hardworking & ambitious M.E.S Plumber's Helpers, M.E.S. Journeyman and an experienced Supervisor of the unit.  

Olympic is a Family run 3rd Generation NYC Union plumbing shop that does everything from Skyscrapers, NYC Public & Private Schools, High End Retail, and popular chain stores.  We have a solid reputation in the industry as a company that can handle anything Large or small and workers that deliver a Quality installation or repair.  We do LEED Certified Buildings and comply with all the Latest NYC D.O.B. rules & regulations and Energy Efficiency laws and initiatives.

Plumber's Local #1 NYC was chartered over 135 Years ago and has a state of the art training facility in Long Island City (Queens).  As a Union member, you will have the Golden opportunity to take A multitude of training classes to eventually advance yourself from entry level M.E.S. Helper to the top!  

Union membership provides job security, safe working conditions, State of The Art Training & Instructors at our Training Center.  The pay rates are higher than average, you'll get Full medical 🚑 benefits, Retirement savings plans, Holiday & Vacation plans, et cetera.  Local 1 holds regular events, parades and has several clubs and peer groups available to join as well as a great American summer family picnic every year.

Please send your resume with two, character references to this email and indicate that you heard of the job offer  at HH.COM:
            vg1580@gmail.com 

Thank you! Vinny........

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,927
    Options
    Don't we all!

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    Just wanted to add...I've known the Owner, Vinny coming up on 40 years.  We went through the plumbing Apprenticeship program in the mid 1980s.  I also worked for him as a Journeyman Plumber, Heating installer, and Foreman on some smaller projects.  The company has quite a few 25, 30 and 35 year employees.  They have some of the Top Foreman in the industry and many very good plumbers to work alongside of & learn from/share.  

They are looking to expand their service, install, renovate and repair department.  This is a great opportunity for entry level to supervisor levels of experience.  Being a Union Plumber off and on for close to 40 years, I am grateful I had the opportunity to get in the Local and what is has given me.
    I am also grateful that I had the opportunity to work for such a good shop.  Good luck!  Mad Dog 🐕 
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    Ok...Who's ready for a career change? An upward move in your trade? Paid Holidays & Vacations?  Weekends off if you want them?  A high, guaranteed wage? The Free and Virtually FREE ($25 class fee) training I have taken advantage over the years is staggering to think what it WOULD have cost out of pocket...Welding, Asbestos Handler, solar thermal systems, Geothermal
    LEED training, Water Purification & filtration, Protection against BBPs (blood borne pathogens), building trench Protection, Natural Gas training & certifications, Commercial swimming pool mechanical room piping & systems, History of the Labor movement, the history of plumbing & heating, advanced plumbing code interpretation, Isometric drawing & Auto CAD, Advanced Plan reading & Coordination Drawing & interpretation, plastic welding for gas, Chemical waste systems, et al. A Cornucopia of Knowledge........Mad Dog 🐕 
  • Mad Dog_2
    edited November 2023
    Options
    One more thing...my Grandfather Bart Sweeney II, reknowed Irish Steepechase jockey and NY Thoroughbred racing Legend never had a a day off in his 57 years...Weekend? Paid holiday? Pension? Heath Benefits...NOPE!!!   Gotta go to work!! SON   We all deserve a day off in a work week.   Thanksgiving day Christmas 🎄,  Right?  It provides a nice standard of living.  Mad Dog 🐕 
    offdutytech
  • Mad Dog_2
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I've worked Union & Non Union at times in my life.....Met great men & jerks in both  arenas.  If you're gonna be a Working man, the Union route is generally the best route to go.  You also have the option of opening your own company and running it Union or non union .  your choice.  Only in America 🇺🇸!!!  Mad Dog 🐕 
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    C'mon lads & Lassies...dont be shy..Put in a resume & sit for interview...No harm no foul.  See what's out there.  Mad Dog 🐕 
    GGross
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    For Example, Election Day..a Paid Holiday, Presidents Day, Veterans Day, Columbus Day....Never got those in a "open" shop (non-union) .Benefits like this and the Trade Learning Center can't be beat.  Mad Dog 🐕 
    GGross
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    Its really nice to be off today.  I did early voting last Saturday.  Hmm..I can go bowhunting today....read a book 📖...take the wife to breakfast....take a nao..go Pumkin Picking...Nah...Gotta pipe out that Viessman with The Great Jablonski!   Who's got the day off? Who's Working today? Just curious??  Mad Dog 🐕 
    GGross