Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Drayton Thermostat reading wrong temp - No Heating

Options
Hi,

I was hoping somebody might be able to help get my heating & hot water working. The Drayton digital thermostat is reading 52 degrees (which it definitely is not, as the house is freezing), so am unable to fire the heating, as the maximum is can be set to is 32 degrees.

The hot water is also not firing. I have changed the batteries in the thermostat, which made no difference. Is there anything else I can try?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Desperateforheat
    Desperateforheat Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Would it be anything to do with the motorised valve, which is currently on "W"? I am sure the valve usually moves position when heating or hot water is switched on, but doesn't seem to be moving?

Also had a plumbing leak recently - Would the problem be anything to do with loss of water from the leak, or would that make no difference?

Would really appreciate if there is any suggestion of what I can do the get the heating back on temporarily until I can arrange a professional.
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Yes, the leak could be causing the problem. If the pressure drops too low, a low water cutoff can prevent boiler firing. 
    Can you send us some pictures of your boiler and/or tell us the manufacturer and model?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Desperateforheat
    Options
    Its oil central heating. The pressure did drop when pipe was leaking, but pressure back up to between 1-2 and heating still not working.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,550
    Options
    @Desperateforheat

The only way we can help is with some pictures of your thermostat and radiators and especially the area up and around and including your boiler. No one has x-ray vision.

Are you in Canada?? Check your boiler pressure. It should be 12-15psi or around 1bar
    Intplm.
  • Desperateforheat
    Options
    The pressure is between 1-2 bar. There is no boiler as is oil central heating - Only a hot water tank. The pressure guage is on top of a red expansion tank. The thermostat is a Drayton Digistat +2.
    No I am in UK.