Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell Heat Generator

Options
PederFedde
PederFedde Member Posts: 15
I have an original Honeywell heat generator attached to my hot water pipes, but capped off upstairs where the expansion tank was located, I have removed it and will cap off the supply and remove the pipe to the original expansion tank. My question is...would there be any benefit or harm in attaching the old Honeywell heat generator between the supply line and the expansion tank. I would like to do this just for nostalgia and so I don't have to dispose of it- or store it somewhere with the thought it might get tipped over and the mercury run out.

Thoughts?

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    You can't attach it back to your system if your hydronic system is now pressurized, vs when it was an open system.
    If you want to keep it, find out from your local officials how to dispose of the mercury. They usually have a hazardous waste day.
    Or try to sell it as is. There will be a lot of interest.
    Got any pictures?

As a side note, on the other forum and on FB, this is like the 5th post from all different people in the last week about the Honeywell Heat Generator.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Mad Dog_2
  • PederFedde
    PederFedde Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you for the information. Here are pictures of my heat generator. They had replaced the original boiler in 1999 and left the heat generator attached but capped off upstairs. They also installed the new boiler with limited knowledge with gravity to circulator conversion.