Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hi Wall cassettes for Geo exchange cooling

Simply Rad
Simply Rad Member Posts: 191
I have a project just starting that will be utilizing a ground source heat pump system. This is a 2nd home and the owners have a mini split system for cooling in their home. The like the mini split heads and would like the same type of distribution cassette for the Geo exchange system. I have been starting to research these Hi wall cassettes(HWC). Caleffi online classes and Idronics have been a great help. I have yet to find HWC that can be operated from a thermostat instead of a remote control. Has anyone used one with a thermostat capability control? Thanks Jeffrey
Jeffrey Campbell

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,703
    This is a Runtal brand. Probably more of a low wall mount.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Simply Rad
    Hey Hot Rob
    There are a lot more Lo wall cassette options than Hi wall.  This is an ultra high end home and they(owners and interior decorators) would not like that to work around.  Myson has some but they have very small capacities.  
    Hopefully someone has found one that can connect to a tstat.   One problem with using the remote is turning on the the chilled water delivery system.  The remote just turns on the unit.   
    Jeffrey Campbell
  • hot_rod
    SpacePak and MultiAqua?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Simply Rad
    HR.  
    The space park HWC looks like it can operate from both a tstat and a remote control.   Thanks.  Pretty limited market for hydronic cooling emitters.  
    Jeffrey Campbell
  • hot_rod
    edited October 2023
    Did you look at the coil manufacturers? First Co, Magic Air, Whalen, etc
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA