Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Replace cartridge in Honeywell VC 3 way valve

pch Member Posts: 26
I have a Honeywell 3-way, 1" SWT valve which is about 18 yrs old and I need to replace the cartridge. The valve was supplied as part of the installation package for a Monitor MZ 25C boiler. I do not know the valve model or serial number and I need the model number to get the correct cartridge.

Nothing is stamped on the valve body other than 'A', 'B', and 'AB'. The existing cartridge is stamped on the spring clip with "VC61" and "04 08". So, I believe it is a VCZMS6100 valve because I found some info online that seems to identify it as such.

I did order one cartridge (VCZZ6100/U) thinking would fit any valve. It did not fit. I did notice, however, that its package is printed with "23 32 5 D" and the cartridge is stamped with 'VC61' & '23 32'. I assume that the one I need would have "04 08" printed on its package as well as stamped on the spring clip. I also see that Supplyhouse shows a VCZZ6100 replacement cartridge. It does not look like the current cartridge and, if the image is accurate, the spring clip stamp is not "04 08".

If anyone knows the magic words to find the correct cartridge, I am all ears...