Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

need help identifying this Honeywell valve - leaking stem

bkc
bkc Member Posts: 39
Hi,

We have this older 3/4" honeywell valve that is leaking from the stem.

I'm having trouble determining the model number because it has a threaded male/union end.

The valve just started leaking this season. I don't think the stem is scored/grooved. Its on a rarely used line and leaked about 2.5 gallons in one week. I have turned off the supply to that line.

Is this possibly compatible with V5011F rebuild or repack kits? Can I get away with a repack?

Thanks for any suggestions,
-Brad

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,138
    This looks similar different actuator
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,949
    It seems that it needs to be repacked ....

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 968
    edited October 2023
    Look closely at the flats on the top of the valve where you are supposed to use a flat jaw wrench to turn the head. (not a pipe wrench that chews up the brass). See those numbers, which you can see in the first and second picture on the flat below the right hand bolt, of the actuator. Record those numbers and call your local Honeywell rep. They should be able to supply you with a rebuild kit.
  • dko
    dko Member Posts: 668
    edited October 2023

My best guess is that it's a V5045A1130 with (if original) ML684A actuator.
    But you can confirm once you can see the imprinted model on the brass.

You can just buy the entire valve on ebay for quite cheap. V5045A has been replaced by V5011N (parts not compatible).
  • bkc
    bkc Member Posts: 39
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions, it does indeed look like a V5045A valve.

I found a 'new in box' one on ebay for $28 .. a great deal if it shows up and is actually new.