Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon....

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
    One wrong step....its swan dive to the first floor.  35 Years standing in a Treestand for 12 hour sits with the bow helps being able to walk joists & Beams like a Mountain Goat! 🐐 . Mad Dog 🐕 
    Brad White
  • Mad Dog_2
    edited October 2023
    Gotta be careful with the Jaw-buster..and this is the Baby..The Milwaukee Hole Hawg  has broken many a jaw knocked out teeth, Grown men..Thats just the smack...the fall off the ladder does damage too....Gotta hold on for dear life!!  Mad Dog 
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,989
    I have an old Milwaukee 3/8" "Hole Shooter" that I bought new in 1977. We didn't have cordless tools back then. It went in once for new grease and a new cord. Doesn't get much use now with the cordless tools. It will break your wrist if you one hand it. Wired many houses with it a 3/4 auger bit through 3-4 doubled up joists would make it struggle if you didn't clear the chips. Back when Milwaukee made really good tools that you could only by at an industrial supplier or a plumbing or electrical supply.

Looks like you got a pretty good gut job going there.!!!
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Absolutely...its like arm wrestling Tank Abbott!!  You  may lose your Arm!  Mad Dog 
    Intplm.
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,152
    edited October 2023
    You're a hard worker, Matt. All work and no play may pay the bills, but it dulls the senses and saps your energy. I get tired just looking at your pictures.

We used to use the 1/2" Hole Hawg's but they were just too powerful and have since gone to Milwaukee's cordless model along with Bosch's Daredevil self-feed spade bits. The bits break and dull with extended use, but are cheap enough to throw away and chuck up a new one. And they're fast!

The drill can drill the joists on a 1,500 square foot house for tubing on one battery.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    I'm a Thoroughbred...I love to work...Thrive best in "The Strenuous life."  
    After paperwork, spread sheets, HR Pufin-Stuff, blah, blah. TEAM meetings..all week...This is my therapy..3 Kids in top 🏫 schools are counting on me...Thanks for the kind words....Mad Dog 🐕 
    Intplm.BenDplumber
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 2,122
    This is how a picture can add to what we all have in common. All so familiar.
    @Mad Dog_2 lookin good!
    Alan (California Radiant) ForbesMad Dog_2BenDplumber
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,180
    We referred to your drill as simply the "right angle drill".
    Got one over 45 years ago and it since has been handed down to a son.
    They came with a clamp on handle that was about 6" long, still have one around here somewhere.

It was too slow for drilling out for electrical and a pain to change the speed from low to high.
    I did get the actual "Hole Hawg" as shown in Alan's picture (the corded one).

It has 3/4" female pipe holes on either side. I use the "sissy" pipe for larger holes like 4 1/4" hole saw use.
    Another son did crack his wrist using a similar drill and he is a stout lad.

The first versions had a lock button on the trigger, that feature was later dropped for good reason.
    One guy I worked with would screw a 4' length of 3/4" iron pipe into the hole, lock the drill on high speed and walk thru the basement drilling floor joists with a 3/4" bit. He survived the drilling process but was unfortunately electrocuted years later.

Actually use high gear for some larger holes, it will stall rather than twist your arm off.

I was disappointed when buying my second Hawg to see that it was made in China. :'(
    Alan (California Radiant) ForbesMad Dog_2BenDplumber
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,727
    you and I have differing ideas of Lazing,
    I'ld be 20 ft up that tree stand
    known to beat dead horses
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mama say I got alotta bills to pay...maybe next weekend....mad Dog 🐕 
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,989
    @Mad Dog_2

Don't burn yourself out. I used to think I was indestructible. and am a mess know because of it. Worked all the time took all the OT I could get.

It's like being boxer. Know when to slow or quit or pay later. I was fine till I was 66.
    Mad Dog_2realliveplumber
  • Mad Dog_2
    edited October 2023
    I know...I used to work 14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week...4-5 hours sleep 💤 occasionally get the flu and rest for a few days.  It's my nature to work till exhaustion..there's so much to do...Big Bills...Dont get me wrong, I DO have some fun too..Bowhunting (can be grueling too), Bowflshing, Ice Fishing, Duck, Goose and Pheasant hunting   Fambly time.   I'm not fully satisfied unless I'm lying on the Coach banged up like now, or when I played,  the Football Field and Rubgy pitch.

I still fondly remember the first game of my Sr year. Saturday was a deluge of freezing rain 🌧. Field flooded..river overflowed..  Postponed till Monday   we were soooooo P O 'd!!  I felt the flu coming on Sunday during the day 🤧  uh oh...Only told my brother...I wasn't missing this for nothin  ...

We played East Rockaway HS that afternoon...total mud bowl.  The field was right on a river with all the wind and freezing rain 🌧 coming down.  I had it coming out of both ends of me. I Felt like my whole body was burned 😩 with a Turbotorch (With the Giant tip). As the game went on I got weaker and weaker,.dizzy 😵. Not only were they the toughest team in our Division, they were also extremely dirty, nasty, Brawlers.  (Think Oakland Raiders 1970s)

It was a War, hand to hand combat, head on collisions.(Awesome! )..but I still had a Very good game   I literally crawled back on the Team bus.  They stuck me in the way back ....I STUNK!!!  to The High Heavens...I was in bed the next 4 days and Lost 10 lbs. As I lay there hurting, I was sustained by the glorious battle I fought..."fighting the Good Fight " By the following Saturday I was ready to go again.  I still thrive on the Grind   Mad Dog 🐕   

• Mad Dog_2
    edited October 2023
    I've been told by many, all my life,  that I'm a  "Throw back" to another time. Like the Recently passed G.O A.T...Hall of Fame Middle Linebacker, Richard Marvin  Butkus and other warriors like Mike Ditka, Jim Mc Mahon 1985 Bears QB, Larry Csonka, John Riggins have said, To paraphrase:  "Yes!  All the pain, concussions, scars, broken teeth, WERE worth it...I don't wanna run marathons or play pickle ball with the rest of the Old folks at the Country club.  I happy to hobble along ☺ happily as a torn up, banged up  warrior..an Old Lion.  I'll cheerfully do my battle with my pipe wrenches, Sawzall, and Hole hawg until I can no more...then I'll just be the old guy holding court with the "Yutes" of the trade and freshwater fishing 🎣 with the wife and Grandkids   Life is Hard...it should be..but Life is Good 👍.  Mad Dog 🐕