Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is Taco's bio barrier a success?

Options
Teemok
Teemok Member, Email Confirmation Posts: 511
What's the word on Bio Barrier? I just used a 0034e that I like. Wondering if anyone has had one red light out on them and if anyone has put them in a dirty magnetite/ black iron oxide rich system with enduring success?

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,251
    Options
    Can you post a pic of the bio barrier. Explain how it works.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Teemok
    Options
    Never seen it in place. It looks like a flat washer. I'm guessing it's a magnetite filter material for the inlet of the water lubricated/ cooled rotor. Maybe both inlet and outlet. You know how a wet rotor pump works.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,044
    Options
    hot_rod said:

Can you post a pic of the bio barrier. Explain how it works.

You will find your answer when Marty McFly reboots the DeLorean with a new Flux Capacitor. The answer is in 2035.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

TeemokMad Dog_2
  • Teemok
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Bio barrier has been out for a few years but 2035 is a good bet. Just check'n.

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,251
    Options
    So it needs to be serviced or replaced occasionally? It doesn’t look like it has a lot
    of capacity? I thought the earlier version was a cotton ball inside the drilled shaft? Looked like a Q tip pushed in there
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Teemok
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I don't have any knowledge about how well it works or exactly how. Hence the post. It would be cool if it molecularity repelled magnetite. No build up. Probably not much flow though it just fill, vent, expansion and contraction.