Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Nameless steam radiator ID (just curious)

SteamFTW
SteamFTW Member Posts: 76
Found this hidden under the stairs. It's not connected and doesn't match any of the other rads in the building. Not looking for EDR, just curious if anyone recognizes the brand. There are no words on it anywhere. Photos below. 38" high, 1-column, 3-sections. Each section is about 6" deep (or "wide", if you're looking at it from the end). Not connected across the top, so steam only.

"Wreath" motif on the section tops.

Rosettes on the sides of the sections.

Supply tapping plug

Heavily painted, but not so much that the numbers on the sections can't be read. Both end sections are "334" and the single middle section is "335".
Fast. Cheap. Good.
Pick any two.
Mad Dog_2

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
    Its ready for Sandblasting & new lease on life.  Steamhead or Dan will know.  Mad dog 🐕 
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,326
    I believe I have met that radiator before, It looks an awful lot like Floyd. Ask him if his name is Floyd... It that is him... Tell him that Edtheheaterman says Hi!

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

SteamFTW
  • SteamFTW
    SteamFTW Member Posts: 76

I believe I have met that radiator before, It looks an awful lot like Floyd. Ask him if his name is Floyd... It that is him... Tell him that Edtheheaterman says Hi!

Well, he seems a little reluctant to share his personal info. I don't blame him, since I think he's been ignored in the basement for the last 20 years. I'll drop your name and see if that puts him at ease. I mentioned Floyd Wells, and he grumbled "Do I look like a coal stove?"
    Fast. Cheap. Good.
    Pick any two.