Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

in floor radiant heat

Options

hi there, 

i have electric in floor heating system and i cant remember how to turn it on. just wondering if anyone has any clue on how to get heat in my house, there are too many levers and im confused. thanks for any help !

Comments

• ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 864
    Options
    I think you have an electric boiler with hot water radiant heat. We don't see too many electric boilers, but we see a lot of radiant heating. I suspect you need to turn on a switch or perhaps a breaker to the boiler. Then turn up the thermostat and heat should come on.

I am very concerned with the water dripping off the pipes on the right side of the boiler, looks like you may need a repair.
  • kinger13
    kinger13 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    so all of the levers in the pic are in the right direction ? I did have some work done and those pipes are now fixed, it was from a Crack in the garage in floor heating. 

which is the boiler in the picture ? 
  • ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 864
    Options
    Boiler is the box labeled "HYDRA".

Yes, from your photo it appears that all of the valves are in the correct position.

Water dripping may be due to you filling up the system with cold water for the first time since the repairs were made. Typically the contractor would have filled the system to check for leaks. How would one know if the leaks were actually repaired without filling the system???
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,251
    Options
    How much pressure in the boiler? You need around 12 psi. It could have a low pressure cut out to protect the boiler
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,924
    Options
    Either the pressure gauge is broken, or you need to add some water. Who repaired this leak? Did that person properly purge the system and run the boiler to verify proper operation?