Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bleeding help

First time homeowner here and seems like I have an issue with baseboard radiators. There are 3 floors to the house with 3 separate units.  The top 2 floors seem to work fine, although the baseboards don't get too warm.  The bigger issue is that of the first floor baseboards, only 1 out of 3 units get hot.  I did some research and I possible have to bleed the units.  I've attached photos, not sure where to start. There isn't a valve to bless in the baseboard itself so I'm thinking I have to do it from the unit .
Any suggestions? 

Comments

• Riverdaleguy
    Riverdaleguy Member Posts: 4

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,989
    edited October 2023
    You have to maintain 15psi in the boiler all the time your bleeding. You can do this by opening the "fast fill" on your water pressure reducing valve if it has one. Keep an eye on the pressure too much and the relief valve will open at 30psi.

In the 7th picture you show the three circulators with the yellow handle valves with the 3 blue handle drain valves above them.

With the boiler and pumps shut off close the three yellow handle valves. Put a hose on one of the drain valves and run it to a sink or pail maintain 15 psi In the boiler and open all three zone valves manually by moving the lever on each valve and locking it in the open position.

The zone with the hose on it will now be venting water and air. Let this run untill you only have water and no air. You can check for this by submerging the hose in the pail or sink and noticing when the bubbles stop.

When done with that zone close the drain and move the hose to the next zone. Rince and repeat until all zones are purged.

Remove the hose and close the drain. Open the 3 yellow handle valves, close the zone valves.

I would only start 1 zone at a time (set thermostat to call for heat). When the return line above the pump
    gets hot move to the next zone
  • Riverdaleguy
    Thanks for the info, not sure how to turn off the boiler and bumps. I've attached a couple more photos, do I switch any of these? 
    Regarding the fast fill, how to I ensure I don't go above 30 PSI?
  • Riverdaleguy
    @EBEBRATT-Ed how do you set the fast fill setting on the water reducing valve?
    Do I have to open the valve to allow city water in the system?
    Also, want to make sure I turn off the boiler, then turn off the yellow valves, connect the hose and then once connected, open the blue valve only? or both blue and yellow to run water through?