Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Load Calc Software for hydronics

Options
What software have you guys used and liked? I am looking for something user friendly, can provide a nice report for the customer, and is cost effective for hydronics. Our primary customer base is residential for hydronics. Slant finn app worked for several years, but seems to be no longer active.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,201
    Options

What software have you guys used and liked? I am looking for something user friendly, can provide a nice report for the customer, and is cost effective for hydronics. Our primary customer base is residential for hydronics. Slant finn app worked for several years, but seems to be no longer active.

LoopCAD seems to generate nice reports and tube layouts. There may be a free demo at the site?

All the tube manufacturers have software. I'm not sure if they are freebies anymore. You may need a lesson or two to get the hang of the more robust programs.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,060
    Options
    I prefer LoopCAD but I use it every day. the tubing manufacturers we work with (Viega and Uponor) both switched their software over to a LoopCAD plugin. Reps offered a free heating only version for us to use but I really wanted a full load calc with cooling loads so I purchased the MJ8 edition. If you purchase it once you can keep the version you bought, you can have access to any of the manufacturer plugins though it can be tricky to set up multiple versions of it as they each install as a unique application, if you want updates after the first year you would need to pay for the yearly service charge.

I had seen someone on here recommend the Lennox pros online tool but do not personally have experience with it
  • offdutytech
    offdutytech Member Posts: 133
    Options
    I just looked at loop cad but it's for windows users with no Mac support.