Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rinnai Tankless WH

Options
Tberg2374
Tberg2374 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2023 in Plumbing

We recently installed our new tankless water heater and got everything up and running. Hot water to the whole house and everything is working fine. Next day wake up to only cold water. Check the system while the hot water is running and it’s not firing up. We’ve checked the system for flow rate, not an issue. Cleaned the filter and flushed the system by running the water in and out of the system for about 5 minutes. No backflow issues on any area of the house. We’ve blown out the system with forced air, the whining of the turbine is there and works no issue and the system ignites and system kicks on as it would with water. What else should we try at this point? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,843
    Options
    You're saying there's flame in the heater when the hot water faucet is open but the water isn't getting hot? 
  • Tberg2374
    Tberg2374 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    As of right now, the system doesn’t register that it needs to produce hot water when a faucet is turned on. It runs right through the system without heating. The heater does work when I completely reset the system but a day later it’s back to where we are today. 
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,050
    Options
    @Tberg2374

Is this a whole new installation? if so you will want to clean out any filters on the inlet side of that unit, whether internal or external. Possibly some stuff is floating around in the piping, or filter areas from the install periodically impeding flow through the heat exchanger
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,975
    Options
    @Tberg2374 You don't mention any codes showing up. Usually, if you are not getting what you ask it shows a code.
    This leads me to believe that there might be a installation issue not related to the water heater.
    You might want to the dip switch settings.
    MOONSTRUCK
  • MOONSTRUCK
    MOONSTRUCK Member Posts: 2
    Options
    When you do get it figured out please let us know 
     I'm baffled
     I would guess flow rate there's no codes 
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,703
    Options
    pictures showing pipes connected to water heater ?
    known to beat dead horses
  • hilltown
    hilltown Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Can you check the error code history?
    What is the flow rate? Check the paper behind the cover, it tells you how to get this info from the controller