Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mystery boiler

Long story short, i have an opportunity to get a boiler for 800 dollars. Problem is i don't know what brand/model it is, and its obviously missing most of the components. Anyone recognize this boiler?

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,703
    I'd call it "homemade". There have been a lot of those one off wood boiler manufacturers over the years @GroundUp may recognize it.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 2,007
    It's got some elements from Hawken/ Global Hydronics, but I've never seen a door latch like that. Maybe one of the early models? Either way, it's most certainly not worth $800.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,703
    The front end looks complete. The fan forces air in for the burn. The solonoid closes off air to prevent over-heating.
    on the back the fitting for the water level tube is snapped off, needs an EZ out to fix.
    There were one or two aquastat control in the holes. One for the operating control, controls the fan, one for high limit to close off that front door.

Are you planning on using it indoors? Looks like it was an outdoor model, missing the metal enclosure.

Invest in a good CO, carbon monoxide sensor if you burn it inside a building.

Find someone that works on outdoor wood furnaces, they would know how to get it working safely.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream