Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Boiler piping v1
- 8 zones, "homerun'd", with 12 panel radiators sized for 130 SWT on a design day
- Currently have a cross manifold planned, but could switch to zone values/actuators with TRVs
- Boiler will either be a US Boiler Aspen or a Lochinvar Knight
- Indirect and buffer will probably be a matched Lochinvar(squire)/IBC(interstor), or maybe a combo of HTP Ultra Max(indirect)/Heat-flo(H2-22 buffer)
- Any improvements/changes to the piping? Let me know whatever can be done better.
- The majority of the piping I saw while reading idronics had the expansion/water makeup on the return side, but I see a lot of posts say I should have it where I have it in the above image?
- Do you recommend putting unions basically everywhere?
- Best zone circ? = Taco VT2218 or.. ?
- If I go with the Lochinvar boiler, it comes with a Grundfos UPML 25-104/5. If I go with the Aspen, that does not have a pump, what is the recommend system circ?
- Best indirect circ?
- Recommended air/dirt separator? - Taco 4900 vs Caleffi Discal/Dirtmag vs Spirovent
- I can easily go to an 85k boiler, but the price difference is ~100, and the min fire of 11k vs 8.5k doesn't matter because I need a buffer anyway. So, I figured why not have more DHW?
- All Categories
- 84.7K THE MAIN WALL
- 3K A-C, Heat Pumps & Refrigeration
- 54 Biomass
- 421 Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- 58 Chimneys & Flues
- 1.8K Domestic Hot Water
- 5K Gas Heating
- 124 Geothermal
- 158 Indoor-Air Quality
- 3.2K Oil Heating
- 57 Pipe Deterioration
- 830 Plumbing
- 5.6K Radiant Heating
- 373 Solar
- 14.3K Strictly Steam
- 3.1K Thermostats and Controls
- 55 Water Quality
- 645 Buy, Sell, Barter
- 42 Industry Classes
- 83 Job Opportunities
- 24 Recall Announcements