Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

This weeks case is a little different

RayWohlfarth
RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,596
There is no mystery to solve this week. I am going to share the first time I saw and cleaned a sooted boiler. Needless to say, it didnt go as expected.
Talk to you Friday
Ray Wohlfarth
Boiler Lessons
GGrossErin Holohan Haskell

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,326
    I remember an employee that used to work HVAC in Florida. Since more than 1/2 of my service agreement customers and many no agreement customers used fuel oil for heating, this was a learning experience for him. He got pretty good at it after a year of OJT. At some point, he was dispatched to a sooted mess that was installed in a newly renovated bathroom. The bathroom was completely white, white fixtures, white curtains, white towels, white tile, white grout. all this was behind a set of white lover doors. as he attempted to remove the flue pipe connector, it fell on the floor and the bathroom was no longer white.

He quit that day and said he will never work on another oil burner again. A few years later, I found that he was self employed and had several oil burner customers. Go figure.

Moral of this story... Beware of customers with white boiler rooms.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

CLamb
  • RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,596
    @EdTheHeaterMan Loved that story Thanks
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
    EdTheHeaterMan