Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lennox iComfort - Trying To Understand Operation

Options
Hi all

EL18XPV

Looking at a Lennox EL18XPV, I believe that it can vary its capacity from 35 to 100%, in 1% increments. Is that correct?

If I have a 2-ton unit, my understanding is that it'll be able to vary its heating/cooling output from 0.7-ton (35%) to 2-ton (100%). Correct?

From the S30 installation manual, it looks like it uses Proportional/Integral to vary its heating/cooling demand. Based on this, if my house gets to be 85 degF and I turn on the unit at 80F, it will increase its output over time in an effort to cool faster? As compared to my existing conventional thermostat and single-stage AC unit which just runs 100% always from start to finish without any change.

Air Handler CBA38MV

What about the air handler? Looking at the CBA38MV, it's described as "variable speed" but I am unsure of what this means precisely.

I see in the S30 thermostat that you can specify the required CFM by zone and I presume that the air handler then varies its output to produce that total required CFM.

Perhaps my confusion comes from not being exactly sure what the heat/cool speed setting does (refer to CBA38MV Product Specs pg 10 and on - BLOWER PERFORMANCE)

I think that it might be just the air flow setting for simple 2-stage operation? If using the S30, I don't believe that it would apply, as the S30 would request specific CFM?

Many thanks in advance!

-Justin

-Justin