Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uncle Tony

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 659
edited September 2023 in THE MAIN WALL
Uncle Tony

In this episode, Dan Holohan shares some funny stories about his Uncle Tony and this wonderfully wacky business.

Read the full story here

Mad Dog_2

Comments

• aohare
    aohare Member Posts: 5
    Omg! This is our supply house, just a generation or so later, and I'm Uncle Tony! (and not just because my name happens to be Tony!)
    Erin Holohan HaskellMad Dog_2
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Too funny, told in typical Dan fashion.
  • RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,596
    I loved Uncle Tony Reminds of days from long ago I loved it
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
    Great story, Dan...not too long ago, EVERY supply house had an "Uncle Tony."   Most were super knowledgeable, usually had a good stint in the field (Not Armchair QBs), were very quick on their feet and with acerbic insults...and hilarious. They held court!  "Gene from Blackman (Bought out by Ferguson ughh) of Mineola (Nassau Co Long Island  NY) was the Grand Poo-bah of the branch.  Gene was an  actual licensed Master plumber, he knew everything, everyone, how to do it, where to get it. Gene could clear the packed store faster than anyone....He put annoying homeowners in their place, spanked the Bonehead contractors and always had the place in stitches.  He'd "introduce" you to his audience when you walked in..."Ladies and Gentlemen...Matt Mad Dog Sweeney in the house...fastest wrench in the West."   He always made you feel good...if he liked you...jerks and wise guys got abused BADLY....Unlike many Supply House "Shot callers," Gene was kind and patient to nice Homeowners,  young plumbers, nice plumbers, old ladies, children and puppies...Boy do I miss Gene, Gene the dancin machine.  I love that guy. "Corporate" pushed him to retire...Now they have Eunuchs who know nothing AND have bad attitudes...I don't know ANY plumbers who go there....we'll go to a Box store first.  YES...its gotten that bad...Mad Dog 🐕 
    GGrossBruceSteinberg