Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No power to the keypad

Options
lindasharpe
lindasharpe Member Posts: 1
Hello, we have a Rinnai R85 that was here when we bought the house, in the five years we've lived here, we haven't had any problems from the Rinnai system until a couple days ago. Our Rinnai runs off propane, we are getting power to the Rinnai box outside, but we are not getting any power to the keypad inside the house,
We know nothing about the Rinnai tankless water heater, apparently the plumber we called today, didn't know alot either. Does anyone know what our problem may be ? From what I understand, this system was put in this house in 2007

Comments

• Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,306
    Options
    Hello, Is the control hard-wired or does it have a battery? If battery, has that been checked?

Yours, Larry
  • 109A_5
    109A_5 Member Posts: 1,385
    Options
    Hello @lindasharpe,

If the 120 VAC input power (Red annotation) has been truly verified, I would suspect the P.C.B. or user interface has failed (Aqua annotations) or there is a wiring failure. A plumber or HVAC tech may only be able to troubleshoot by substituting these parts and it may be out of their comfort zone and costly to guess. It could be something as simple and inexpensive as a fuse on the P.C.B. has failed.

In the manual's troubleshooting chart there is no helpful information that I have found for this scenario. The proper person for this type of failure is an Electronics Technician but I don't think the industry is matured enough for a person with these skills to do house calls.

https://www.questargas.com/ForEmployees/qgcOperationsTraining/Water Heaters/Rinnai_REU_V2520toV2532.pdf

National - U.S. Gas Boiler 45+ Years Old
    Steam 300 SQ. FT. - EDR 347
    One Pipe System
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Have a technician look at it. Make sure he has and knows how to use a volt ohm meter. If he can't figure it our himself, have him call Rinnai technical support at (800)621-9419.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    H2OBandit603Intplm.