Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Do Radiator Reflectors Work?

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 659
edited August 2023 in THE MAIN WALL

Do Radiator Reflectors Work?

Radiator reflectors are a great way to make your heating system more efficient.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MarjPinard
    MarjPinard Member Posts: 11
    I put reflective insulation behind our rads when we bought our house in 1972. It just made sense. AND then I bought your book as I found many will say they can work steam heat-- but don't truly know how. I hadn't thought of the dust factor, but will be checking pre-Michigan winter. It's one of the reasons we love low pressure steam heat: no dust blowing around onto chandeliers, such even glorious efficient heat. Thanks for your books, your columns, your 'readers' helping make me a more knowledgeable better consumer. p.s. The history of heating, the wonderful tie ins with family and reality make you tops in our reading world.
    shakingthrough
  • H2OBandit603
    H2OBandit603 Member Posts: 48
    This is a real thing? What’s a good brand to install behind Runtal panel radiators? I feel like my installer will give me funny looks when I bring this up.
    NH well driller and pump installer, 3rd generation
    What one man can do, another can do.
  • CLamb
    CLamb Member Posts: 309
    "...would carefully lift the aluminum foil off the radiator to baste it..." Shouldn't this be "turkey" instead of "radiator"?
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,347
    CLamb said:

"...would carefully lift the aluminum foil off the radiator to baste it..." Shouldn't this be "turkey" instead of "radiator"?

Good catch, @CLamb. It seems like we've always got heating on our minds, even on Thanksgiving. :D

President
    HeatingHelp.com

CLamb
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,577
    Thanks to all of you!
    Retired and loving it.
    KarenVT