Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

APOLLO M 42 2.5 spare parts

Options
ebouwho
ebouwho Member Posts: 1
Hey all, new here and stumbled upon this site. I am looking for an old Apollo Air handler Model M 42 2.5 Fan Motor. the serial number is F91609287.

its a 1/3 HP motor. figured if I cant find a used one on ebay I could find a similar spec motor. Due to HOA rules etc... I cant simply replace the unit so I need to replace the fan for now to get it back working. It is for the AC/Heating and in a rental unit.

Please let me know if someone can figure out the model/brand of motor thats in there now or familiarwith these to rec a replacement motor. Thanks.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    What kind of HOA says you can’t replace a unit? Forever?
    Supply houses have them. Might need more than a motor though.
    Why not just let a professional do it?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

kcopp
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,805
    Options
    Pull the blower out and disassemble . Match it up at a supply house , Motor , capacitor and It is best changing the fan wheel ....

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,044
    edited July 2023
    Options
    If I remember correctly, the Apollo Hydro Heat company made an air handler that connected to your water heater for heating and to a condensing unit of your choice for cooling. I can see how an HOA would not want a homeowner to redesign the exhaust system of a furnace to be poking additional holes out the side of a building. That would lead to having all kinds of different concentric or dual pipe or other configurations of plastic vents along with the water heater that everyone already had a hole for exhaust that matches every other exhaust in the buildings. Someone with a law degree will need to replace a heater before the average home owner gets a chance to try out something different that the original design. That said, when you need a new "anything" and the OEM is no longer making that product, there will need to be a change in the HOA bylaws at some point.

My recommendation is to get the failed part out of the air handler and take it to Johnstone or Grainger and get a replacement part that is equal to the failed part. I rarely used OEM motors for repairs on any blower motor, or condenser fan motor unless it was free under warranty. After market parts are usually less expensive for the same item.

Now for the part I actually thought when I saw this post:

DID YOU CHECK WITH NASA?

Those Apollo's were from the 1960's and 1970's. I don't think there are any spare parts left.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?