Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AC contractor recommendations Nassau Co. Or Western Queens

Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,354
Believe or not, I've used many of them in my area for my own house and recommendations...not good results.  1) No one wants to repair anything. Always need a whole new system!  
2) If you REALLY want a T & M repair,  their rates are 100%-200% higher than the above board legit Plumbing and Heating shops.
3) They send inexperienced guys.

This is for my family Doctor's (RIP) Family 👪 ...very dear to me.  I would prefer a solo practitioner.  Thanks guys  Mad Dog 🐕 

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Jimmy the Gent did both Hydronics, HVAC, and AC.  I actually taught HIM something,  plumbing!!  He said that people without their AC are MUCH more desperate, cranky and willing to pay anything vis-a-vis folks with No Heat..crazy  Mad Dog 🐕 
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,891
    Most of the shops are filled with installers , with very few experience mechanics that can figure out the problem. Shot gun repair with selling new . The guys with the knowledge seem to be moving out .

The demand for AC service is very high right now with the high humidity . I have been hitting areas with limited travel .

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Mad Dog_2
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 10,211
    Mad Dog_2 said:

; He said that people without their AC are MUCH more desperate, cranky and willing to pay anything vis-a-vis folks with No Heat..crazy  Mad Dog 🐕 

they haven't slept in days
  • Mad Dog_2
    Called 4 AC guys...I atleast called back..2 week wait.  4th guy showed up.  Mad Dog 🐕