Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Shower valve

Options
EBEBRATT-Ed
EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,574
What's a decent quality tub/shower valve that won't break the bank? Looking for recommendations.

Plain old chrome

Want the diverter in the tub spout.

want the hole kit with tub spout and shower arm, shower head and trim. Not fussy about which trim, it's just a summer camp.

Model #s if possible
Thanks

Comments

• psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 840
    Options
    Any basic Moen. Several different style lines. Basic valve is the same and can take different "trim" kits.
  • mikedo
    mikedo Member Posts: 174
    Options
    moen discontinued the best shower valve ever made the moentrol. now they have the m core 3. most new shower valves cant control the volume of water coming from shower head anymore. so if you leave the flow restrictor in you dont have enough pressure but if you take it out you may have to much pressure no way to control it. by default i would have to say m core 3
  • mikedo
    mikedo Member Posts: 174
    Options
    the cheaper moen posi temp cannot control water volume
  • MikeL_2
    MikeL_2 Member Posts: 493
    Options
       The Wolverine Brass simplicity tub / shower valve & trim kit includes a divertor spout & shower head; all of decent quality.
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,050
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Wolverine Brass is better quality than both Moen & Delta, but I put all of them in..Even Gerber...Kohler very nice too...mo' $$$.  Mad Dog 🐕 
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,050
    Options
    WB (Plumbmaster) only sells to trade...You can use my salesman if u don't have an acct.  Mad Dog 🐕 
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,707
    Options
    I'd say chicago faucet, Kohler, or T&S for a camp and them to not destroy it. Moen and delta's main advantage used to be they were cheap and decent but they aren't cheap anymore and in a camp you need commercial but not particularly pretty.
    Mad Dog_2