Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Indirect tank week

Options
tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,763
2 down one to go in the last week. Not often we have 3 in a week go. Failures are all we did not install. All of ours have been stainless for last 18 yrs. Only 1 failure.

mattmia2

Comments

• JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    Those Amtrol indirects were the first of their kind from what I remember. They were *the* indirect to install almost exclusively and were supposed to last forever. 10-15 years later we were replacing them all. The next generations were made better and had a lot of stainless steel to thank for their newfound longevity.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
    Mad Dog_2PC7060
  • tim smith
    Options
    John, my favorites are the Lochinvar SIT models with the Viessmann being a close 2nd. Have not lost one in 12 yrs. pretty happy.
    Take care
    Tim
    Mad Dog_2JohnNY
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,707
    Options
    Aren't those re branded HTPs?
  • tim smith
    Options
    Matt, which ones? Lochinvars? if lochinvar no they make them.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,707
    Options
    Yeah, the lochinvvar. I think I looked at a lochinvar indirect manual a couple years ago that was identical to an htp manual except it said lochinvar instead of htp.
  • tim smith
    Options
    Matt, nope. Mfr in Lebanon TN.
  • mikedo
    mikedo Member Posts: 174
    Options
    those amtrols have a nice copper coil in them for scrap
    Derheatmeister
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,548
    Options
    tim smith said:

John, my favorites are the Lochinvar SIT models with the Viessmann being a close 2nd. Have not lost one in 12 yrs. pretty happy.
    Take care
    Tim

Yes the Viessmann 300 series and the Lochinvar SIT are also our goto indirect even thought we had to replace a SIT due to a bad weld.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,049
    Options
    I remember when Triangle Tube Phase IIIs were all we put in...Never really had any problems, but when TT went through that transition kinda held off for awhile.  I'm still not sure what happened?  A bunch of guys from TT left and started IBC?  Is that correct?  Anyone fill me in.  I like the Turbomaxes alot too.  Mad Dog 🐕 
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,795
    Options
    I think the Amtrol was the first indirect as we know of today , I put in a few . Cleaning the heat exchanger , it needed improvement there .

Stainless yeah totally makes sense , the issue is its a **** to weld.

There was an error rendering this rich post.