Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Like a kid at Christmas 🎄....

Options
Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,049
Just ordered a brand new set of Ridgid dies 1/2" to - 2".  Never had a completely new set.  The several old sets I have now, are a combination of retired plumber barn sales and gifts. I've got a new steam boiler install coming up and I treated  myself.  Unless they get stolen, they will be the first and last new set I ever buy.   Getting a new oiler too.  Mad Dog 🐕 
JakeCKGGross

Comments

• realliveplumber
    realliveplumber Member Posts: 354
    Options
    Ive also never purchased a complete set of new dies. All of my Ridgid dies are the same as you, inherited, yard sales, etc. Well, I did purchased a complete new set of Reed block dies on ebay, but the box came damaged and the 1 1/4" die was gone.

I splurged on a Ridgid 1215 a couple of years ago. Really happy with it. Should have bought it years ago.
  • MikeL_2
    MikeL_2 Member Posts: 491
    Options
        I purchased a brand new Rigid # 700, oiler, & a tripod vise about 1983. It has served me well.
         I've replaced the die teeth on the most used dies several times as needed, and put a new hose on the oiler twice.
           It's been a very reliable tool except for a couple of times when I loaned it to friends. Was returned once with a severed cord, and another time with fractured die teeth & a broken support arm........
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    440 Channelocks...I have had only 5 in close to 40 years and one got stolen with my whole van..They are super durable.  Mad Dog 🐕 
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,574
    Options
    I have some tools from 1973 I still have and some I acquired in 73" that were nowhere near new back then. The stuff costs money (a lot now) but if your reasonable they will last a life time.
    Mad Dog_2
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,927
    Options

Like a kid at Christmas 🎄....

How long do you need to stay off the Naughty List to get a great gift like that?

I would never Qualify!

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

PC7060MikeL_2Larry WeingartenMad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    I use Shovels that my Grandparents had since the 1930s...pushing 100...no plastic on them!   Mad Dog 🐕 
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,983
    Options
    Still using my father's pipe wrenches. You can see the smallest in my picture. It is now over 100yrs. old
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    I love it...neato...mad Dog  🐕