Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rest in Peace Jon Diresta - a Long Island Plumbing & Heating Giant

Options
Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,050
Some of you may remember the name from about 8 months back when I was I trying a locate an Old Buddy who was M.I.A.  Well, through Erin, Dan, Al Levi and Jerry Viola...I found him.  Jon was 
In hospice and I was glad to spend a few hours with him.  I first met Jon at Long Island PHCC around 1999-2000.  He was a Licensed Master Plumber, super sharp on all things heating, and a Radiant savant.  He battled multiple 
Brain cancer events over the last 30 years.  He never gave up, always smiled and was grateful for everyday.  He did everything for his wife and three daughters.  He was a Gentleman of our industry.  I treasure my time and Ice Cold 🧊 Pilsners we shared.  Godspeed Brother....Mad Dog  🐕 
GGross

Comments

• WMno57
    WMno57 Member Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.
    I DIY.
    Mad Dog_2
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    A good man. 
    Retired and loving it.
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    Indeed...thanks guys...Mad Dog  🐕 

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    I'm so glad you took the time to find him, Matt. You're another good man. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    Awww Shucks...I try...You too! Mad Dog 🐕 
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,315
    Options
    I'm sorry you lost a friend, Matt. I'm glad you were able to connect with him before he passed away.

President
    HeatingHelp.com

Mad Dog_2
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,448
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Death is a good thing, a gift from God. It lightens the burden of a spiritual being. I never understood why everyone is joyous when a baby is born and sorrowful when a person dies. I always thought it should be the other way around.

Knowledge is gained thru "blood, sweat, and tears". It's important to pass what you have learned to others less knowledgeable so that they can go into the future standing on your shoulders. I think that is one of the highest goals, to make the future better than today.

Kudos to those beings contributing to this site, you're doing exactly that.