Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Nti ftvn 101 error code

Options
Dreroberts84
Dreroberts84 Member Posts: 1
How do I clear nti ftvn 101 error code ? Pressure is at 20 and I’m pretty sure the other things mentioned in manual for this code are as they should be.

Comments

• 109A_5
    109A_5 Member Posts: 1,385
    Options

and I’m pretty sure the other things mentioned in manual for this code are as they should be.

How can you be sure unless you verify.

National - U.S. Gas Boiler 45+ Years Old
    Steam 300 SQ. FT. - EDR 347
    One Pipe System
    GGross
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    first step is to determine what is actually happening, if the information @109A_5 posted is correct, your error is related to a fixed high limit temperature sensor. That is not just a nuisance fault, that is a critical safety device that is blocking the burner from firing. Being at an appropriate fill level does not confirm that you are flowing correctly through the heat exchanger, or that you are actually exchanging heat properly (entrained air will act as an insulator for example, lessening heat transfer) what temperature is the boiler reaching when the fault occurs? Have you been able to watch the fault occur? post pictures of the installation
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    most likely the brass fittings have dripped on the sensor, you should replace bad sensor, and reset the boiler by pushing the R button. Also tighten the brass fittings on the heat exchanger that you see dripping. Part number 990686-01 TEMP PROBE + CLIP
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt