Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Change-Out and Re-Pipe

Options
Dan Foley
Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
Brian’s latest creation.  Replaced an 18-year old Knight and Smart 100 tank in Arlington, VA.  Four zones of Base Ray and an indirect. I don’t have any “before” pictures. 

MikeAmannMad Dog_2EdTheHeaterManPC7060Paul PolletsErin Holohan Haskelldelta T

Comments

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,970
    Options
    Pristine Foley!  Mad Dog 🐕 
    Dan Foley
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    First class - kudos to Brian.

No condensate neutralizer? Perhaps the condensate goes to some acid loving plants?

One of my pet peeves is to have an air gap between the condensate discharge and the PVC drain. I've seen more than one drain clog that backs up into the boiler and soaks the refractory.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Mad Dog_2Dan Foley
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Doesn't progress make it neater ..

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Dan Foley
  • Mad Dog_2
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Alan.  I agree on the full Air Gap, especially on 3 Compartment sinks and Ice machines, et cetera.  Our NYS and NYC codes NOW allow "Air break  (drainage)"  to be piped DOWN in to the Floor drain, floor sink, slop sink.  Have a good sewage backup and don't tell me the microbes, spores, and bacteria present in raw sewage waste water can't creep back up the discharge and in to the supposedly protected source, ice machine, vegetables soaking in a sink.  If you pipe your discharge close to the point of disposal, you can still maintain a full Air Gap.  Much safer!  Great Job Foley Mechanical. Dan always has the finest installers.  Its not easy getting pro-press to behave. Until one gets adept at it, it can look like a roller coaster.  Mad Dog 🐕 
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
    Would any of you do this?  I didn't have time to follow this back, but even if its an AC condensate....C' mon, really?  It must be nice when the poor unsuspecting person taking a slurp of water, gets a bath when it decides to discharge.  Could even be a pumped discharge from a cassette unit.  Mad Dog 🐕 🤣 
    GGross
  • Mad Dog_2
    Options
  • dko
    dko Member Posts: 603
    Options
    Interesting

Mad Dog_2Dan Foleydelta T